Sunday, March 11, 2012

Ugh

Well, Friday was a cruddy day which I let flow into Saturday, but this afternoon I'm trying to force myself out of my funk.


For those who have just met me I've been battling some pain issues which they finally determined is degeneration of the cartilage in both of my hips.  I'm on the waiting list for a new left hip, but  since I had a shot of cortisone just over a week ago in my left hip it is now the right hip that is killing me.   I had an appt with my family doc on Friday and his only advice was that I take my painkillers and anti-inflammatories more often.  GRRRR. 


So since then I pouted on the sofa and watched the last few draws of the Brier on tv.  :-)  I may have had to given up participating in curling this season, but I've gotten really good at watching it.  Alberta's team is in the final this evening.  Whoop Whoop!!


On to schtuff you might actually be interested in.......


In order to get me moving again I grabbed some scraps and threw together a potholder....just played with some odds and ends and a little bit of stitch in the ditch and some straightline quilting.  I like how it turned out, but not shareworthy....


I've managed to recover a pillow in a quilt as you go for my favorite back alley salvaged chair.  I think it adds a little burst of spring colour to the living room.  






I also managed to take a pic of the tiny little quilt I plan to give to my Mom for Easter.  I've named it "Spring it On".   (My picture taking skills currently suck....so I'm going to work on that, but bear with me, please.)








And finally I'm going to have to wait until hubster finishes painting the guest bathroom to haul the big camping quilt outside to take a pic of that one....and of course, just as I finished typing that came my darling took a little break so I got him to pop outside and help me out.  :-)  (He's handsome, handy, patient and has good timing...I think I'll keep him.  XOXO)

Back is in soft cord for those chilly mountain nights.

I did the front in summery, happy squares to keep the trailer bright.




While I've been sewing I've been listening to "The Bayou Trilogy" by Daniel Woodrell.  I love to read, but I also love to listen to audiobooks.  Must have been growing up without a tv for parts of my youth and listening to CBC.


Well, back to thinking about all those things that I've been procrastinating about all weekend, groceries, dinner, getting ready for another week of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment