Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A few of my projects

Laura's Nine
So, I thought I would include a couple of pictures of projects that I have completed to this point.  "Laura's Nine" is my first attempt at quilting.  (Dec 2010) I pieced the top and had it sent out for long arm by Nancy at Crazy Creek.  I'm happy with it, but the more I got into it, the more I realized that I wanted to not just follow patterns.  I want to do the whole thing.  Yes, I am new to this, but am bursting with ideas from reading all of the blogs that other folks have done that display there projects.


 The one above was an experiment in rag quilting with flannels.  (Jan 2011)


This one was an experiment. (Jan 2012)  I love the fabrics and just wanted to play with log cabins....it eventually worked out and went to live with my mother in law.


My mother in law loved her's so much her husband asked for one in the same color scheme.  (Feb 2012) I'm not sure that Urkel (my assistant) is going to be willing to give it up.  This is still unfinished in my sewing room.  My machine has decided it will only stitch in straight lines and not do any stitching to the left.  (I need a REAL machine if I'm going to get into this anymore)


In the mean time and in between time I've made a double size quilt that will move to the camper once the snow is off the ground and we can begin escaping on the weekends again.  For now it's warming up our bed in the house.  I will post pics of it once I get around to pulling the camera out.

3 comments:

  1. I've been quilting for almost twenty years and just finished my first rag quilt! Don't know why I waited so long to try it. Yours is really nice, love the colors.

    ReplyDelete