Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Finally some pictures

Yeah!!  Finally loading some pictures - once again please forgive my photography skills....






This is a batik that I got in a jelly roll and stripped together and then fmq'd.  We've put it up in the bedroom to brighten up the builder's beige walls.  I love the way it adds some colour to the room and just makes it feels cozy!!


This one was started a couple of years ago and spent some time on the quilting frame....I had gotten about the bottom 6 inches handquilted and confirmed that handquilting is not my forte at this point in life.  I took out the handquilting and machined it in straight lines.  Love it....it's now taken on status of being my favourite sofa blankie.


And here are a couple pictures of this weekend's project....





I had to go to the store last week to pick up some thread for another ongoing project and a Moda "Modern Workshop" charm pack fell into my basket of goodies and how could I possibly resist.  It's been pieced, quilted and is just awaiting the binding, but that will have to wait until there's something good on tv to sew along to.


I mentioned previously about the redesign of the sewing room now that Edith (the new machine) has come into my life.....here are some pics of the room that hubby spent a day moving everything around in and putting together shelving for, in order to accommodate my little hobby and keep me amused.  He's a keeper!!






Yes, it already needs a tidy, but it's got lots of little bits of inspiration and ideas 'close at hand', or that's my justification.


Thanks for stopping by and taking a look......have a fantastic spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment